Freelance Project Manager
Newgen KnowledgeWorks is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. We provide UK-based editorial and project management services to academic, education and ELL publishers, managing everything from concept to product delivery.
We are currently looking for freelance project managers to come and work in our busy academic department. This exciting and varied role will be vital to the company in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for our customers.
- Oversee production of a list of academic titles, from receipt of author’s manuscript to supply of final files to the client.
- Liaise with the author, the client and suppliers.
- Manage the schedule and the budget for each title, working to scales prices and a client deadline.
- Commission and supply work to freelance copy-editors, indexers and proofreaders; monitor their work and provide feedback as necessary.
- Keep both the client and author updated on the production of their title, and respond to any queries.
- Liaise with the typesetter, sending edited text for typesetting and corrected proofs for revision.
- Collate corrections and check revised proofs against these corrections.
- Supply final print and ebook files to the client on time and on budget.
- Experience in publishing, preferably in academic book production.
- Ability to correspond in a polite and professional manner.
- Availability to respond within 24 hours to authors and clients
Please submit below or send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rates available on application.
Get one step closer to working with a diverse and vibrant publishing team!
Get in touch with us at: