Editorial Project Manager - New Business Team
6 months (with the possibility of being extended or made permanent)
Newgen Publishing UK is a fast-growing publishing services company based in Gloucestershire. Part of the Newgen KnowledgeWorks group, we provide UK-based editorial and project management services to academic, education and ELT publishers, managing everything from concept to product delivery.
We are currently looking for an Editorial Project Manager to come and work on our expanding list of education titles. This exciting and varied role will be vital to the company in continuing to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality print and digital projects for our customers.
This is a 6-month full-time position with the possibility of it being extended or made permanent. It would suit a candidate with some previous publishing experience, who is looking to take their next step in the industry.
Newgen Publishing UK is an open-minded employer and flexible working options will be considered.
£18,720 – £24,960 depending on experience.
- To schedule and manage, with support, the editorial stages of publishing products, typically from manuscript through to final files, including briefing and managing external suppliers.
- To communicate effectively with publishing customers, providing regular project updates as well as participating in conference calls and/or attending meetings as appropriate.
- To ensure that all products are delivered on time, meet quality standards, fall within budget and are produced to the required specification.
- To collate proofs, conduct photo research, write artwork briefs, and clear text permissions where necessary.
- To assist the education director and/or portfolio manager as required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Impeccable editorial, organisational and communication skills.
- Previous publishing experience, particularly a good working knowledge of editorial processes.
- Degree-level education (publishing qualifications an advantage).
- Knowledge of the UK and/or international education system and market would be useful.
Deadline: 24th August 2022
Get one step closer to working with a diverse and vibrant publishing team!
Get in touch with us at: