It takes passion, an eye for detail, and excellent leadership skills to take charge of the publishing production process.
Are you the one?
We are seeking full-time project managers who can manage the entire production process of a book, journals, and other pre-press or related products in publishing.
You’ll need to handle projects end-to-end; engage with authors, publishers, and vendors; and ensure final delivery. If you’re a hands-on manager and a go-getter, get on-board.
- Go through all briefs and instructions received for the project and understand the requirements well.
- Assess all materials submitted for completeness and usability; follow up for missing materials and details before proceeding with production.
- Draw a project schedule, monitor turnarounds as per SLAs, and ensure that all end-deliverables are delivered on time.
- Maintain and manage data and update all paperwork for internal reporting, as well as for client’s review, on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate and collaborate with clients, authors, freelancers, and internal teams to follow up on deliverables, clarify instructions and requirements, and confirm expectations and understanding effectively.
- Anticipate problems and escalate to key stakeholders well ahead of time to effectively resolve issues and keep the project on track.
- Initiate feedback discussion on any issue and bring it to a logical conclusion with measurable corrective and preventive actions.
- Manage the project in a cost-effective manner, troubleshoot where necessary, and ensure all services engaged for the project are charged accurately and on time.
Customer-focused, responsive, articulate, organized, and adept at planning and execution; team player with the ability to collaborate, overcome challenges, and get things done; cost-conscious; and consistent in meeting deadlines.
Graduate with good English language skills; well versed in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Professional; and experience in project management or a publishing background would be an added advantage.
Job type: Full time
At Newgen, we give employees the freedom to work remotely from any location in the country. Good internet connectivity is a must.
Get one step closer to working with a diverse and vibrant publishing team!
Get in touch with us at: