Newgen North America (part of Newgen Knowledge Works) is seeking a detail-oriented Production Assistant to work with its Austin team.
To support Project Managers with day-to-day production editorial tasks on book production projects, to include
- Collating proof corrections
- Checking corrected proofs
- Reviewing art proofs
- Completing job studies on new projects
- Completing QC checks on print proofs and digital products.
- To support Project Managers with day-to-day administrative tasks on book production projects
- Supporting the Project Management team with reporting on titles in production, maintaining schedules, and updating budgets
Additional ad hoc support tasks as required.
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Impeccable editorial, organizational, and communication skills
- An enthusiasm for publishing and a willingness to learn on the job
- Third-year undergraduates or recent graduates or postgraduates preferred (publishing qualifications an advantage, but not essential)
The candidate should be based in Austin, Texas, US.
With more than 1500 dedicated members across the globe, Newgen offers innovative and engaging ways to publish and broadcast content. We're as much at home in the pixels of a screen as we are between the pages of a book. Since 1996, Newgen has been driving content publishing across traditional and emerging media. We've created some of the most remarkable, immersive and high-quality projects for leading global publishers, spanning industries and genres.
We design and manage content solutions using the best of technology and applying our subject-matter expertise. A clear and simple purpose runs through everything we do. Every word matters to us for the precise shade of meaning it holds. Everyone's word matters, for we believe in inclusivity.
Newgen is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Mail your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org